Tangy Chilli Makhana is a spicy and tangy snack made with makhana (fox nuts), a popular ingredient in Indian cuisine. Makhana is known for its health benefits and is often used as a healthy snack option.
Here’s a simple recipe for Tangy Chilli Makhana:
- 2 cups makhana (fox nuts)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon amchur (dried mango) powder
- Salt to taste
- Juice of half a lemon
- Finely chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the cumin seeds and sauté until they start to crackle.
- Add the makhana to the pan and sauté for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until they turn crispy and lightly browned.
- Add coriander powder, red chilli powder, amchur powder, and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the makhana to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.